Thank you for considering joining our outstanding BloodSource Volunteer Team! Volunteering is the job you choose – for a cause you love. We offer a variety of opportunities to fit your interests, talents and schedule:
Assist with day-to-day operations by helping with clerical duties essential to delivering on our mission.
- Copying, filing, data entry, inventory and volunteer confirmation
- Participate in a variety of activities including health fairs, large community and media events.
- Provide attendees with information about BloodSource and our role in the community.
- Engage and educate attendees about the importance of blood donation and the marrow registry.
Delivery Service Driver
Hospitals depend on BloodSource for timely transportation of blood. Volunteers assist our Hospital Services Department by making deliveries throughout Northern and Central California counties.
- A valid driver’s license
- The ability to lift shipping containers (up to 40 pounds)
If you enjoy speaking with people and have a cheerful, motivating way with words, this position is for you! Working with staff and volunteers, you’ll call to thank previous donors and remind them about upcoming donation opportunities. While most BloodSource donors already know the importance of giving blood, we practice tact and understanding to balance the need for blood and the busy lifestyles of our donors.
Donor Refreshment Lounge
Often the most popular area at BloodSource, the Refreshment lounge is where donors enjoy juice and snacks after their blood donation. Volunteers serve snacks and remind donors to stay for the full 15 minutes, plus ensure they drink plenty of juice and watch for rare, but potential reactions to the donation process.
Are you a match for Be the Match®? In this role, you’ll help us recruit and register local donors for the National Marrow Donor Program, which helps provide lifesaving matches for patients across the country. You may also assist at marrow drives or help with clerical assignments, educational outreach, health fairs and special projects.
Is everyone always telling you what a character you are? Then you’re perfect to help bring our BloodSource mascot, Drippy, to life! Drippy is a fan-favorite at community events to help entertain and engage donors, volunteers, community members and especially children.
- Costume and gloves are provided – dress code is black pants (no shorts), black long-sleeved shirt, and black shoes (tennis shoes ok).
Mobile Blood Drives
To help serve our communities, we bring blood drives to donors – at businesses, schools, churches and community organizations throughout Northern and Central California. As a volunteer, you’ll help serve refreshments, provide donor education and be the friendly face they interact with. With over 2,200 blood drives held a year, there are plenty of opportunities to conveniently fit your schedule!
Enjoy working in a Mission Control environment? Join our BloodSource Warehouse team in West Sacramento to help pack supplies for mobile blood drives into designated totes, verify expiration dates of supplies, ensure all packed forms are current, inventory supplies, rotate stock/re-stock supply shelves and more.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Physically capable of prolonged standing, reaching, lifting and moving of items
- Dress code requires closed-toed shoes (no sandals or flip flops) and slacks/pants/jeans (no shorts)